Diploma Thesis completion and diploma examination
Diploma thesis editing guidelines
The cover of the diploma thesis
New patterns of the title page of BSc and MSc Diploma Thesis
Student will be allowed to take diploma examination if:
- submitted Diploma Thesis Title Submmission Form in the Dean’s Office (#136).
Pursuant to Diploma Thesis Title Submmission Form student shall be given access to the APD diploma account (https://apd.usos.pw.edu.pl). Student is obligated to upload her/his diploma thesis to the APD system. The supervisor shall approve the Diploma Thesis submitted by the student in the APD system. The diploma thesis must be accepted by the supervisor in the APD before the day of submitting the documents (concerning the defense and diploma examination) in the Dean’s Office;
- collected all grades in the USOS (MSc: accumulate minimum 70 ECTS, Field Work and Sport; BSc: accumulate minimum 225 ECTS, and Sports);
- payed all charges (see your personal account in USOS);
- submitted all documents (in the original ) concerning the defense and diploma examination one month before your date diploma exam in the Deans Office (room numer 136, during the opening hours):
– completed forms from the faculty website: documents-for-download
– a copy of the passport,
– 5 pcs picture format: 3,5 x 4,5 cm,
– proof of payment of fees for diploma (60 zł for polish diploma,+ 40 zł for english diploma, bank account: see your personal account in USOS),
– abstract of the thesis in Polish and English,
- submitted a full version of the BSc or MSc Thesis and the set of defense documents before deadline, according to the Academic Calendar of the current academic year (the regulations of the Rector of the Warsaw University of Technology).
DIPLOMA THESIS COMPLETION AND DIPLOMA EXAMINATION
Regulations concerning procedures of Diploma Thesis completion and diploma examination (Resolution no.32/2017 of the Board of the Faculty of Building Services, Hydro and Environmental Engineering of 20 June 2017):
- Regulations on completion of Diploma Thesis
- Detailed regulations on procedures for submission of documentation required prior to decision on admission to the diploma examination
- Regulations on conducting the diploma examination
- Template of the diploma thesis title submission form (Karta tematu pracy dyplomowej)
DIPLOMA THESIS EDITING GUIDELINES
According to the Regulation no. 43/2016 of the WUT Rector of 28 September 2016 the diploma thesis should be edited using special colors, fonts, layout, etc. The details are in the guidelines.
THE COVER OF DIPLOMA THESIS
Please be informed that starting from January 01, 2017 the covers used for the printed versions of diploma thesis are the same for every Faculty’s student and are going to be prepared and printed by the Printing Unit of WUT. The students, while submitting to the Dean’s Office the documents for final diploma examination, will be supplied with the new form of covers (2 items).
The fees for the covers are not going to be taken before the Rector’s decision about the costs regarding them.
NEW PATTERNS OF THE TITLE PAGE OF BSC AND MSC DIPLOMA THESIS
Starting from 1st January 2017 you are required to use new patterns of the title page of BSc nad MSc Diploma Thesis. In your thesis file should be included both language versions of the title page, English version and Polish version.
- A title page of BSc Diploma thesis, english version (Strona tytułowa pracy dyplomowej inżynierskiej, wersja angielska)
- A title page of BSc Diploma thesis, polish version (Strona tytułowa pracy dyplomowej inżynierskiej, wersja polska)
- A title page of MSc Diploma thesis, english version (Strona tytułowa pracy dyplomowej magisterskiej, wersja angielska)
- A title page of MSc Diploma thesis, polish version (Strona tytułowa pracy dyplomowej magisterskiej, wersja polska)
The students are required to submit a full version of the BSc or MSc Thesis and the set of defense documents before deadline, according to the Academic Calendar of the current academic year (the regulations of the Rector of the Warsaw University of Technology).
The MSc Diploma students are kindly asked to read information for students of MSc Diploma semester .
Important for students preparing BSc or MSc Thesis
In connection with the statutory obligation of archiving theses, at the Faculty was created Thesis Archive Module as a part of USOS system.
Both the Bachelor in Engineering (BSc Eng) and the Master (MSc) theses currently carried out at our Faculty must be entered into the system.
For this purpose:
– one month before the scheduled date of the final exam the student shall submit to the Dean’s Office an application for admission to the examination, together with the accompanying documents specified in the application (the form is to download from documents for download section)
– the Dean’s Office immediately introduces into the USOS system the title of the work and the name of the promoter and notifies the student about the possibility of uploading the thesis into the system
– then within a week from the date of notification of the student by the Dean’s Office about the possibility of introducing the thesis to the Thesis Archive Module, the student shall upload the thesis into the system.
The Archive Module is available at https://apd.usos.pw.edu.pl . Students log on to the service using the login and password for USOSWeb service. If you do not know or do not remember your login and password, please contact the Dean’s Office (room #136).
Effective uploading of the thesis into the Archive Module is a prerequisite for admission to the final exam.
Other rules for admission to the final exam remain unchanged.
The foreign graduates are required to fill-in the Questionaire for a foreign graduate, (to download from the “Documents for download” section).