- General provisions
- The Organiser of the Diploma Award Ceremony (hereinafter referred to as the “Ceremony”) is the Faculty of Building Services, Hydro and Environmental Engineering of Warsaw University of Technology, based in Warsaw, 20 Nowowiejska St., 00-653 Warsaw.
- The contact details for the Organiser are WIBHIŚ PW, 20 Nowowiejska Street, 00-653 Warsaw, email: email@example.com, telephone number: +48 22 234 7887
- These Rules and Regulations (hereinafter referred to as the “Rules and Regulations”) are published at is.pw.edu.pl/en/graduation2022/ (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and set out the rights and obligations of its Participants and the rights and obligations of the Organiser.
- The Ceremony will take place on 8 October 2022 at 1 p.m. in the Main Hall of the Warsaw University of Technology, Pl. Politechniki 1, 00-653 Warsaw.
- Only an adult natural person (hereinafter referred to as “Participant”) may be a participant in the Ceremony.
2 Conditions of Participation
- The condition for participation in the Ceremony is filling in the registration form located under the link provided on the Website with the Participant’s correct data. The registration form should be filled in from an email address in the @pw.edu.pl domain (student email) and acceptance of participation by the Organiser of the Celebration.
- Once a correct application has been made, a contract is concluded between the Participant and the Organiser for participation in the Ceremony on the terms and conditions described in the Regulations. Upon conclusion of the contract, the Organiser (with the support of the Scientific Circle of Heating and District Heating of the Warsaw University of Technology) will send an email to the email address provided during registration for participation in the Ceremonial, confirming the Participant’s right to participate in the Ceremonial.
- The deadline for submission of the registration form is 30.09.2022.
- The number of places for participants is limited. The order of applications determines participation in the Ceremony; once the pool of places has been used up, the Organiser may refuse registration to new applicants. Registration will be refused by not being able to send the registration form and by publishing a relevant announcement on the Website.
- Cancellation of participation in the Ceremony Change of Participant data
- Cost-free cancellation of participation in the Ceremony is possible until 20.09.2022. In the event of cancellation later, the Organiser will charge a handling fee based on the cost of organising the event related to a single participant.
- Cancellation information must be sent by email to the Organiser.
4 Liability of the Organiser. The Organiser’s rights
- The Organiser warrants that it will use its best efforts to guarantee the organisational conditions of the Festivities as described on the Website. The Organiser determines the programme of the Festivities and reserves the right to change the programme of the Festivities, even on the days on which the Festivities are held, including the right to change the schedule and the order of the speeches.
- Changes to the programme of the Festivities shall not constitute grounds for directing financial claims against the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Ceremony in the event of fortuitous events beyond the Organiser’s control.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any erroneous or false data the Participant provided during the participation registration.
- The Organiser reserves the right to exclude any Participant from the Ceremony who persistently disrupts the proper course of the event, particularly those under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants.
5 Responsibility of the Participant
- The Participant confirms the truthfulness of the data contained in the registration form.
- The Participant undertakes to comply with the requirements of these Rules and Regulations and follow the safety rules and the instructions and orders of the Organiser’s representatives during the Ceremony.
- Participants are entirely liable for any damage they cause to the premises where the Ceremony takes place.
- By making an application, the Participant declares that they agree to the processing of their data included in the application form to organising and conducting the Festivities (including creating a list of participants), receiving correspondence concerning the Festivities, recording their image by the Organiser through photographing and filming the Festivities, using, processing and disseminating their image by the Organiser for advertising, promotional and marketing purposes related to the Organiser’s activities, including for promoting the Festivities in any way chosen by the Organiser (advertising posters, leaflets, printed promotional materials, TV spots, advertising in newspapers and magazines and on the Internet, etc.).). This consent is not limited in time or territory and covers all forms of publication. The Participant hereby waives all (existing and future) claims, including remuneration, for using their image.
- The Participant declares that they agree to the use and dissemination of their image by the Organiser for advertising, promotional and marketing purposes related to the Organiser’s activity. A person who does not give such consent must inform the Organiser by 30.09.2022 at the Organiser’s email address.
6 Final provisions
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code shall apply accordingly.
- The Organiser reserves the right to make changes to the Rules. In such case, after the Organiser has announced the changes to the Rules on the Website, each Participant who has filled in the registration form should immediately familiarise himself/herself with the changes.
- If the Participant does not accept the changes to the Rules and Regulations, they should notify the Organiser of such decision in writing using electronic communication to firstname.lastname@example.org. The statement should reach the Organiser within 7 days of the amended Rules and Regulations coming into effect at the latest. Suppose the Organiser does not receive the Participant’s statement of non-acceptance of the amended Rules within the aforementioned period. In that case, the Participant shall be deemed to have accepted the amended Rules.
- These Regulations shall enter into force on 15.08.2022.