2021/2022 Fall semester admissions schedule is available here
Lists of research topics for the 2021/2022 Fall semester:
We invite you to contact a potential thesis supervisor before submitting recruitment documents in order to discuss the research topic.
WUT Doctoral Schools Admissions for the 2021/2022 Fall semester
The registration of candidates will be conducted via the IRK system: irk.pw.edu.pl from July 1, 2021 (12 AM – midnight) to August 15, 2021 (12 PM – noon).
- The first step in the IRK system is to click the ‘create an account’ button.
- Go to ‘my account’ -> ‘personal forms’.
It is necessary to fill in all the required fields: ‘Basic personal data’, ‘Address and contact information’, ‘Education’, and ‘Additional personal information’. In the ‘Photo’ section you need to upload your recent photo in accordance with ID card photo standards.
- Go to ‘Registration’ -> fill in all the required fields and upload the necessary documents.
Please note: While creating the recruitment application you need to upload a scan of your Master’s diploma as well as the diploma supplement (or an equivalent document). If your diploma is not issued yet, upload a Master’s degree completion certificate and a Master’s degree studies result certificate.
- After creating the recruitment application go to ‘Documents and further steps’ section in order to download, print and sign the required document and upload them to the system.
- After creating the recruitment application in the IRK system, you need to pay the registration fee of PLN 150 by bank transfer to the individual account generated in the IRK system in ‘my account’ section -> ‘payments’.
Please note: the payment status in the system is visible only after recording it in the accounts. Since the process takes a few days, the payment status may be updated with a delay.
In order to submit the application, it is necessary to consent to the personal data processing by accepting appropriate clauses in the IRK system.
Further steps of the recruitment process are taken on the basis of the schedule published on the University’s website, as well as other announcements published on the website.
II SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS
In order to take part in the recruitment process to the WUT Doctoral Schools for the 2021/2022 Fall semester, including the interview, it is obligatory to register in the IRK system and submit the following documents:
- Application to a chosen Doctoral School // available in the IRK system
- Master’s degree diploma or other document confirming obtaining a Master’s degree. Temporarily, it is acceptable to submit a Master’s degree completion certificate issued by the Students Registration Office (Dział Ewidencji Studentów) or by the Dean’s Office.NOTE: Candidates from the countries outside the European Union must submit a certified translation of Master’s diploma (unless it is issued in English) and an INDIVIDUAL RECOGNITION STATEMENT issued by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA). The document is necessary in order to confirm whether a foreign diploma is equivalent to a Polish one and entitles the candidate to undertake education at a Doctoral School. In order to get a letter confirming that the candidate’s diploma entitles the candidate to undertake education at a Doctoral School, apply for an individual statement according to the following instruction: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/how-to-obtain-a-recognition-statement
The procedure takes approximately 30 days.
Please note! A general Recognition Statement concerning recognition of a given type of higher education degrees obtained abroad generated by the KWALIFIKATOR system is not enough to undertake education at Doctoral School.
- Diploma supplement (or an equivalent document) or a Master’s degree studies result certificate issued by the Students Registration Office (Dział Ewidencji Studentów) or by the Dean’s Office
- Cover letter
- List of achievements which confirm the aptitude for research work (list of publications and conference presentations, participation in research projects, involvement in students research groups, awards, etc.)
- Personal data form // available in the IRK system
- Doctoral studies declaration // available in the IRK system
- Employment declaration // available in the IRK system
- Personal data processing consent // available in the IRK system
- Confirmation of the registration fee payment of PLN 150 made by bank transfer to the individual account generated by the online registration system
PLEASE NOTE: Online registration and the registration fee concern admission to a particular Doctoral School. In case of applying for admission to another Doctoral School, it is necessary to register again and pay a separate registration fee.
All documents have to be uploaded to the IRK system, hard copies will have to be submitted to PhD. Students Office on the date specified later.
In case of any problems with the IRK system, send an e-mail to email@example.com (PhD. Students Office – Dział Obsługi Doktorantów) and Adam.Zamerski@pw.edu.pl. Attach a screenshot of the issue to help us resolve it.
In case of any questions contact WUT PhD. Students Office firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 234 6330, 6404, 7041 or a particular Doctoral School’s secretary:
- Doctoral School no 1 – inż. Ewa Szczygieł email@example.com, tel. 234 7574
- Doctoral School no 2 – mgr Marta Jaglińska Marta.Jaglinska@pw.edu.pl, tel. 234 8268
- Doctoral School no 3 – mgr inż. Grzegorz Mańko firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 234 6155
- Doctoral School no 4 – mgr Justyna Misiejuk email@example.com, tel. 234 5247
- Doctoral School no 5 – mgr Agnieszka Stańczak firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 234 6481