There is no tuition fee for Polish and EU citizens and 4200 Euro per year for non-EU foreigners.
The graduate, MSc level programme in Environment Protection Engineering is primarily addressed to the alumni of the undergraduate (BSc Eng) Programme in Environmental Engineering or other undergraduate programmes in engineering, such as civil, mechanical or chemical engineering. The programme lasts four semesters and leads to Master of Science in Engineering (MSc Eng) Degree. The whole programme comprises 1410 hours and 120 ECTS credits.
An international group of students from Poland and 20 other countries (India, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Chine, Azerbaijan, Iraq, …).
- The first year of the programme gives in-depth knowledge in computational methods, environmental fluid mechanics, chemistry, scientific programming, data analysis and management. Moreover, several specialized engineering courses cover specific topics within the field of environment protection engineering. The main topics are as follows: environmental protection management, surface and groundwater protection, soil diagnostic techniques, monitoring of the environment, applied climatology and global climate change, municipal solid waste treatment technologies.
- In the second year further courses in environment protection engineering are offered: land reclamation and development, irrigation and drainage, remote sensing of environment, pro-ecological technologies, energy systems modelling and optimization. Theses compulsory courses are supplemented by some elective courses. Moreover, in the third and fourth semester students work on the final project and prepare a master thesis in a proposed topic. The completed Master Thesis should demonstrate acquired scientific and technical skills and understanding of environmental issues. The thesis is presented for review, assessment and examination by the Faculty Examination Board. The Master Thesis is credited with 20 ECTS points.
Examples of MSc Thesis topics (from 2022 winter semester):
- Master plan for waste management in the tourist hotspot areas of the Gambia
- Canal Istanbul project system analysis: environmental, social and cost issues
- The office building control system analysis in aspect of achieving building energy efficiency standard
- Disinfection of treated municipal wastewater using performic acid and its influence on ecotoxicity
- Construction and demolition waste management in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa) – the analysis, assessment and improvement
- Analysis and guidance on reducing environmental nuisance in the pharmaceutical industry in Argentina
- Optimization of fenton process used for flue gas desulphurization wastewater treatment
- Zero Waste Initiative applied in a university campus in the UAE.